• Diameters: Available from 1 1/2” – 3” OD.
• Materials: All wetted parts are manufactured from 316L Stainless Steel. Ball is EPDM.
• Specification: US3A, Weld, RJT, DIN, SMS, ISO, IDF.
• Valve Ends: Clamp, Weld, Male, Female, Threaded.
• Max Working Pressure: 14bar (200psi) 1 1/2” – 3”.
• Temperature Rating: – 10 ° C to + 90 ° C (dependent on seal material)
• Seal Material: EPDM, Silicone (Si), Nitrile (NBR), Viton. Ball – Buna.
• Surface Finish: ID/OD Brushed polish. ID Ra <0.8 μm, OD Ra <0.6 μm
The HSS Stainless Steel Y ball check valve provides backflow prevention for stainless steel process lines.
When liquid under normal pressure enters the inlet of the HSS Y ball check valve, an elastomeric ball is pushed upward into the “Y” branch (lower pressure area) of the valve. When the liquid flow stops, the pressure within the valve equalizes, and the ball returns from the “Y” branch of the valve and rests itself against the smaller diameter of the valve near its inlet. Should a reverse flow situation occur, the opposing pressure of the fluid will seat the ball firmly against the inlet of the valve, preventing reverse flow. The valve operates in both a vertical or horizontal orientation.
We recommend this part to be used in conjunction with the HSS air blow check valve.